I founded SampsonLegal to offer clients clear, commercial, practical and expert advice and solutions at an affordable cost – often for an agreed fee.
I can help with a wide range of commercial matters, and my specialisms include IP, IT and data protection.
I have 30 years’ experience as a solicitor, including 15 as a partner at two leading law firms. I have an engineering degree and an intellectual property qualification from the University of Bristol. The legal directories Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners ranked me as a “leading individual” and a “notable practitioner”.
Current and past professional activities
- Executive member and head of professional standards at POPAI UK & Ireland
- Business review panellist and lawyer-in-residence at SETsquared, University of Bristol
- Chair of IET engineering law group
- Chair of SCL, South West Branch
- BCS legal affairs committee
- IET multimedia group
- University of Bristol – commercial and IP law
- Bristol Business School – brand and marketing law
- London Metropolitan University – multimedia law
- University of Wolverhampton – legal issues around IT security
- University of West of England, IDM diploma course – marketing and data protection law
- British Army’s Royal School of Signals
- Chartered Institute of Marketing – copyright and data protection
- IET – 2020 conference