I have 30 years’ experience as a solicitor specialising in commercial law, including 15 years as a partner and head of intellectual property, technology and data protection at two large law firms (Eversheds and Veale Wasbrough Vizards).
At SampsonLegal I provide the same clear, commercial and practical advice at a far more affordable price. In many cases I will be able to agree a fee at the outset.
I have an intellectual property qualification from the University of Bristol, and based on feedback from clients and other specialist lawyers I have been recognised as a “leading individual” and “notable practitioner” by the independent legal services directories Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
I also have a degree in electronic engineering and have practised as a Chartered Engineer, so I understand technical issues better than most solicitors.
Current and past professional activities
- Executive member and head of professional standards at POPAI UK & Ireland
- Business review panellist and lawyer-in-residence at SETsquared, University of Bristol
- Chair of IET engineering law group
- Chair of SCL, South West Branch
- BCS legal affairs committee
- IET multimedia group
- University of Bristol – commercial and IP law
- Bristol Business School – brand and marketing law
- London Metropolitan University – multimedia law
- University of Wolverhampton – legal issues around IT security
- University of West of England, IDM diploma course – marketing and data protection law
- British Army’s Royal School of Signals
- Chartered Institute of Marketing – copyright and data protection
- IET – 2020 conference