Have you developed an innovative product or process ? Or created an original design ? Have you developed any software or other technology? Have you acquired know-how which gives you an edge? Have you created text or images?
These are all examples of intellectual property (IP), and they may be protected by patents, design rights and copyrights – I can help you get the best protection for your IP within your budget and then take care of all the legal work for you.
An idea or design which you have seen and are planning to use may be protected – I can help you assess and manage the legal risks before you spend time or money which might be wasted.
I can also help you negotiate licensing arrangements and take care of all the legal work for you.
Previous IP work includes:
- A wide range of IP and related competition issues for a major publisher of electronic information services, including an OFT investigation into a third party’s activities – Barbour Index plc, now part of the United Business Media Group
- Designing a legal framework for the protection and exploitation of electronic nautical charts using encryption systems –
UK Hydrographic Office
- The acquisition and development of GSM technology by a global telecommunications company, including competition law issues and field trials –Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent)
- Proceedings for infringement of database rights – Which School?
- Advising on copyright and trademark issues when using iconic images of London – An advertising agency
- Research and collaboration agreements concerning the use of technology to analyse consumer behaviour in-store – POPAI UK & Ireland
- Research and collaboration agreement concerning the patenting, development and commercialisation of gene-based cancer diagnosis and therapy – University of Bristol
- Copyright advice and publishing agreement regarding the practitioner’s book “Medicines for Children” – Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Copyright advice and publishing agreements – British Association for Sexual and Relationship Therapy